Bob Deits is one of America’s top experts on the topic of getting past grief and moving on to success. He is the author of the bestselling book, Life After Loss, which is a classic in the field of loss and grief. The scope of the book covers death, divorce, job loss, relocation and other experiences of loss. It is translated into seven foreign languages (German, Spanish, Chinese, French, Russian, Greek and Hebrew). This year marks the 30th anniversary of the the book’s first publication! It is now in its sixth edition.
Many people know that in 2003 I lost my mother, my brother and father-in-law in less than 30 days. I was overwhelmed with grief and a friend sent me a copy of Life After Loss. I read that book and it literally changed my life. I was able to eulogize all three of my loved ones and start to find a new normal.
Recently, I contacted Bob Deits, who is now in his eighties. I shared the amazing impact his book had on my life and asked if he would be willing to do an interview to share with my listeners about how they can overcome grief and move on with their lives. He graciously accepted my invitation.
This is an incredible interview, guaranteed to bless lots of people. Remember, everyone is going to deal with grief sooner or later.
Here are some of the powerful points Bob Deits shared in this interview for my SiriusXM radio show:
- Most people only think grief comes with the death of a loved one, but grief can come with any major change in life. That can be a job change, divorce or even moving to a new area.
- Everyone experiences loss. It is the one human experience we all have in common!
- Grief not only impacts your spirit, but your immune system.
- Untreated, grief can negatively impact your business and income.
- Don’t pretend that it will go away by itself and don’t try to wait it out.
- If you broke your foot you would see a doctor. But many people have a broken heart and try to heal it themselves.
- The best way out of grief is through it!
- Grief relief is work. Get in a group and start counseling.
- Drink more water when you are dealing with grief. Dehydration is physical depression!
- Make sure to exercise, even though you might not feel like it. Do it anyway! It will help you sleep.
Listen to this incredible interview on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. Airdates: Saturday, September 2nd at 4pm ET, Monday, September 4th at 8am ET, Tuesday, September 5th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, September 6th at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
Original airdate: April 29, 2017
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.