Michelle Singletary is one of America’s foremost authorities on creating financial security. She is a nationally syndicated personal finance columnist for The Washington Post.Her award-winning column, “The Color of Money,” is carried in about 100 newspapers across the country.
Michelle is the author of three books: The 21 Day Financial Fast: Your Path to Financial Peace and Freedom, Spend Well, Live Rich: How to Live Well With the Money You Have, and Your Money and Your Man: How You and Prince Charming Can Spend Well and Live Rich.
Singletary was the financial expert for “The Revolution,” a daytime program on ABC. For two years, Michelle was host of her own national television program, “Singletary Says” on TV One. She is a frequent contributor to various NPR programs and has appeared on national talk shows and television networks, including CNN, “Oprah,” NBC’s “Today Show,” and “The Early Show” on CBS.
Michelle is the director of “Prosperity Partners Ministry,” a financial program she founded at her church, First Baptist Church of Glenarden (FBCGlenarden.org). Singletary has helped thousands to get out of debt and to find financial stability. In addition, Michelle and her husband, Kevin, created a program to help people coming out of prison create a financial program for long term success and to help prevent them from ever going back!
In this dynamic interview for my SiriusXM radio show, Michelle shares:
- Wealth is really not just about how much money you make, but more about how much money you keep!
- People who win the lottery typically end up broke because they don’t have a plan to grow their money.
- Consumption can be a bad habit, like mindless eating. The only difference is that rather than getting bigger, your bank account gets smaller and eventually, ceases to exist.
- Money management is critical to long-term wealth building and also critical in long term marriage and life building.
- Good money management is not something that you need to be born with, but is a teachable skill. Read and take classes on money management and get wiser on how to handle your money.
- Beware of ongoing “little” expenses. “A small leak can sink a large ship!”
- Most people say they want to be wealthy but their actions don’t correspond with their words!
- Keep a spending journal and record what you spend for a month. You will be amazed at how your money goes through your fingers.
- If you have good financial principles and stick to them, you can not only live well, but can generate generational wealth.
- Never, ever co-sign for anyone other than your spouse, because it is one of the ways that can destroy your credit and your savings.
Listen to this powerful interview on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. Airdates: Saturday, March 8th at 4pm ET, Monday, March 10th at 8am ET, Tuesday, March 11th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, March 12th at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.