Marcus Johnson is an incredible entrepreneur who has figured out how to turn his passions into profits…and do it in a big way!
He is a Billboard Top 10 jazz pianist, an NAACP Image Award-nominated jazz musician and an entrepreneur who has been able to move from being a musician to becoming a record label exec, a media personality, a wine producer and to now becoming a well-regarded author and speaker.
Coming from a family of doctors, his parents expected him to go into the family businesses of medicine, like his siblings, but he decided to follow his heart and major in music in college. From college, he went on to get his law degree and an MBA with an emphasis in entrepreneurism.
Marcus Johnson was able to convince billionaire Bob Johnson (founder of BET), to invest in his dream. He went on to create a popular record label and production company. Marcus has traveled the world playing his unique style of jazz. His music success led him to gigs on national television as a spokesperson and commentators for shows like American Idol.
Marcus Johnson has most recently created a new brand called “FLO” (For The Love Of). His FLO brand now includes a popular wine company, that is listed in the top 10 of preferred US wines. FLO Brands’ mission is to enhance our customers’ life and make each day a little better one sip and sound at a time. In his new book, For The Love Of…. he shares how to make money from doing what you love!
In this dynamic interview on my SiriusXM radio show, Marcus shares:
- Use his “D.E.P.E.L.L.” Formula for Success, that is – Dream, Environment, Plan, Execute, Listen & Learn
- Dreams can and do grow. Just make sure they are planted in the best possible environment – YOU!
- Keep growing yourself so your dreams are able to grow in a constantly improving environment
- After you dream it, you must write it down and make a plan to achieve it.
- Those who achieve the most, are those who are willing to do the work, which is the execution of the plan.
- ACT – Plant the seed, then follow up and water it.
- Listen to the marketplace then learn how to make the most of the gifts you have been given
- Find what you love and learn to use it to make a profit.
- Do what you do with a spirit of excellence. Remember – excellence is a verb. It is important to act in a spirit of excellence.
- Create a legacy of excellence in every endeavor you undertake. It will live beyond you and keep making a difference for generations to come!
Listen to this powerful interview on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. Airdates: Saturday, March 4th at 4pm ET, Monday, March 6th at 8am ET, Tuesday, March 7th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, March 8th at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.