Bonnie St. John is truly an amazing person! NBC Nightly News called her, “One of the five most inspiring women in America.” Whether it is former President Barack Obama, former President Bill Clinton, former President George W. Bush, The Dalai Lama, Oprah or Dr. Willie Jolley…we all agree that she is amazing!
Despite having her right leg amputated at age five, Bonnie St. John became the first African-American ever to win medals in the Winter Olympic competition. She took home a silver and two bronze medals at the 1984 Winter Paralympics in Innsbruck, Austria. In recognition of this historic achievement, Bonnie was quoted on millions of Starbucks coffee cups.
Bonnie has achieved the highest levels of success in a variety of endeavors throughout her life. In addition to her success as a Paralympic athlete, she is a bestselling author, a highly sought after keynote speaker and leadership consultant for the Fortune 500. She is also a television and radio personality and an experienced conference facilitator. Bonnie graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard University, and is a Rhodes Scholar.
She is the author of seven books, and her latest hit book is MICRO-RESILIENCE: Minor Shifts for Major Boosts in Focus, Drive, & Energy, which she wrote with her husband, former entertainment industry CEO, Allen Haines.
In this inspiring interview on my SiriusXM radio show, Bonnie shares:
- Life does not always give you a perfect situation, so you must decide to win with whatever situation life gives you!
- It takes faith and determination to win in life! If you want to win you must step out on faith and try – even on one leg!
- You must believe that the impossible is possible. It just takes a little longer to accomplish.
- Success at anything takes resilience. You must keep bouncing back and keep fighting for your dreams.
- Micro resilience is based on the concept that success comes from little steps that turn into big steps over time.
- It takes positive self talk. Tune in daily to the radio station I-C-A-N!
- Create a “joy kit” that you can access at any time. That is a kit that can lift your thinking when life tries to discourage you. It might be a song, a poem or a motivational CD. Keep it near and use it often.
- Fill yourself up with positive information so you can have something to draw from in the tough moments.
- Identify the good and magnify it!
Listen to this powerful interview on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. Airdates: Saturday, February 25th at 4pm ET, Monday, February 27th at 8am ET, Tuesday, February 28th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, March 1st at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.