Don Yaeger is a nine-time New York Times bestselling author, popular inspirational speaker and longtime Associate Editor for Sports Illustrated.
He has fashioned a career as one of America’s most provocative thought leaders. He is primarily sought to discuss lessons on achieving Greatness, learned from first-hand experiences with some of the greatest sports legends in the world. As a speaker, he has worked with audiences as diverse as Fortune 500 companies to cancer survivor groups, where he shares his personal story.
Don was chosen to be the writer for Walter Payton’s autobiography, and lived with the Payton family for the last few months of Walter’s life. He has written books on many of sport’s greatest personalities, including Warrick Dunn, who was an undersized college player who was not expected to make the pros, but he went on to become one of the greatest pro players of all times.
Don was mentored by the #1 most success college basketball coach of all time, John Wooden! He wrote the book on Coach Wooden’s Success Principles. Additionally, Don has been retained by companies and organizations to coach their leaders, management teams and employees on building a culture of greatness by looking at Great Teams in sports and discerning the business lessons we can learn from them.
In my incredible interview with Don on my SiriusXM radio show, he shares the following powerful points:
- “You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who cannot repay you.”
– Walter Payton
- A champion is not measured by their size or their stature, but by the size of their heart!
- Find mentors and learn from them. They can help you go higher and farther much faster.
- “Don’t make excuses. A loss is not a failure until you make it an excuse!”
– Michael Jordan
- You will never outperform your inner circle. Who you hang with is who you will become. If you run with 9 losers, you will become number 10!
- Set aside time each and everyday to work on yourself and your faith!
- Envision success. Visualize victory. See it in your head before it happens and it will happen more rapidly!
- Be enthusiastic about life. Winners expect good to happen!
- Be grateful. Gratitude is a key to winning the most important game we will play…the game of life!
Listen to this special encore replay of The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. Airdates: Saturday, December 3rd at 4pm ET, Monday, December 5th at 8am ET, Tuesday, December 6th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, December 7th at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
Original airdate: December 3, 2016
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.