I’m often asked, “How do you start a company without leaving your job to do it?” Since, I quit my job and jumped into speaking, I realized I needed to interview a person who had successfully followed a more traditional track.
I immediately thought of Al McCree!
Al McCree is a former Air Force officer who has started, built and sold numerous companies – some while still working a full time job! He started a business focused on military music, as a part time venture, and was able to build it into the number one record label for military music in the world!
He sold that company and started another selling motivational seminars online. He had success with that company as well. One of those motivational personalities was a humorist named Jeanne Robertson. Al introduced her to the worldwide web and they went viral!
As a result of her new online popularity, Al started a concert promotions business, where he promoted Jeanne Robertson in theaters around America. It also became a hit!
Now Al McCree and Dr. Willie Jolley are coming together to do concert events across America. This concert event will be a unique One Man Show featuring Dr. Jolley. It’s a Broadway Style event with music, motivation, entertainment and inspiration. The first event premiers in Washington, DC on September 10th 2016. We expect this venture will do as his other ventures have done – become a hit!
In this interview Al McCree shared powerful principles to help you start a business, grow a business and position it to be able to be sold for a big profit:
- Even while working a job, think of ways to create passive income.
- Look for a niche that you can build into a brand.
- Always look for new buyers who can purchase your product or service.
- If you stop marketing when things are going well, it is just a matter of time before people will forget you exist.
- Starting a business takes risk, so be willing to take on some calculated risks.
- One way to start a business with minimal risks is to “nibble,” which is to try an idea on a small scale to see if it will work.
- Not only can you nibble with a new venture but also nibble with your present business. Keep trying new things on a small scale then grow the nibble as you get more confident it will work.
- Find mentors, who have done what you want to do, and learn from them.
- Your business should be something you enjoy. If you’re doing it just for the money, you will never be paid enough!
- Find strategic partners who have similar values and with whom who you can work. If they don’t work, move on.
- There are 3 Parts Needed to Create a Strong Business
- Good product or service
- Good Marketing and Sales
- Good operations to keep the company going
Listen to the replay of this incredible interview on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. Air dates: Saturday, August 13th at 4pm ET, Monday, August 15th at 8am ET, Tuesday, August 16th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, August 17th at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
Original air date: 5/14/16
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.