Eric Chester is a trusted source in the global dialogue on employee engagement, workplace culture, and the emerging generation. He is a member of the Speakers Hall of Fame and has been one of the world’s most successful professional speakers for almost 30 years.
He was one of the first authors to spell out the radical differences of the post-Gen X workforce in his 2002 bestseller, Employing Generation Why: Understanding, Managing, and Motivating Your New Workforce.
Companies discovered that Eric had cracked the code on the emerging generation and sought his advice on how to connect with young employees. He became one of North America’s most in-demand conference keynote speakers.
Hearing the outcry from America’s employers, Eric turned his attention to building a better workforce. He founded The Center for Work Ethic Development, and created a revolutionary curriculum to teach young adults vital employability skills.
He wrote the breakthrough book for youth, Bring Your A Game to Work: The 7 Fundamental Values That Will Make Every Employer Want to Hire You and Fight to Keep You! His curriculum has since been expanded to include soft skills employability training for college students, returning military veterans and adults. It is taught in hundreds of schools, workforce centers, community colleges and trade schools.
Eric’s new book, On Fire at Work: How Great Companies Ignite Passion in Their People without Burning Them Out, released in October 2015, is on track towards being the best he’s ever written.
As a speaker, Eric Chester holds the prestigious CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) credential awarded by the National Speakers Association. He is a 2004 inductee into the CPAE (Council of Peers Award of Excellence) International Professional Speakers Hall of Fame—an honor shared by less than 5% of all professional speakers in the world.
In this powerful interview, Eric Chester shared these incredible ideas and insights:
- The marketplace does not care about how much money YOU want to make, rather the value you bring to the marketplace
- The American dream is alive, but so is the American nightmare, which is not living the dream that is available to you because of fear
- Learn from bad decisions, both yours and others
- Always continue to learn and grow…school is never out for the real professional.
- Learn from every challenge and every problem. Don’t waste those learning opportunities.
- To grow your business you need to get your front line to care about your bottom line.
- Winners are resilient and keep fighting, when the odds are stacked against them.
- Old school thinking is to build the business on the backs of your employees. New school thinking is to grow your people and your people will grow your customer base.
- Wealthy people always think about streams of income, and the importance of creating multiple streams.
- Always look for additional ways that you can use your expertise and skills to grow your wealth.
- Make a commitment to excellence. Get good at what you do, really good. Then monetize it.
- Success in life and business take work! So make the commitment to keep working on your dreams!
Listen to this incredible interview on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. Airdates: Saturday, January 9th at 4pm ET, Monday, January 11th at 8am ET, Tuesday, January 12th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, January 13th at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.