Harvey Mackay is one of America’s most successful business people. In 1959, at age 26, he purchased a small, failing envelope company. Today, it is a $100 million business, employing over 600 people! Mackay Mitchell Envelope Company is one of the nation’s major envelope manufacturers, producing 25 million envelopes a day.
It’s founder, Harvey Mackay, is now a best selling author who has written 7 New York Times best selling books, including the New York Times #1 bestsellers Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive and Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt.
Both books are among the top 15 inspirational business books of all time, according to the New York Times. In total, Harvey’s books have sold 10 million copies worldwide, been translated into 37 languages and sold in 80 countries!
He writes a weekly nationally syndicated column on success and has lectured and taught at every Ivy League University in America and England.
The 175,000 members of Toastmasters International named Harvey Mackay one of the top 5 speakers in the world. He is a Horatio Alger Award Winner. His nickname is “Mr. Make It Happen!”
Here are some of the lessons he shared in this interview.
- Always take notes and capture ideas. You will forget 50% of what you heard within 4 hours. So capture it on your phone or write it down!
- Develop relationships and strategic alliances, because you cannot succeed to the highest levels by yourself. Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto.
- Grow from learning and always look for mentors and people who can help you get better and have greater success.
- Ask for help, because there are more people who are willing to help you than those who are not willing to help.
- You don’t go to school just once in your life. Instead, use your one life to be lifetime learner. Winners are in school all of their life!
- The biggest room in the world is “Room for Improvement!”
- Winners never spend a penny on their education for self-improvement. But they are constantly using their money and making investments in themselves and their futures.
- Always ask for the order – the sale! Never say NO for the other person. Let that person say no for themselves.
- For the rest of your life, make some kind of file and catalog for everyone you meet. Then find a creative way to stay in touch.
- Dig your well before you are thirsty. Grow your network before you need it. Do something for someone else before you need them to do for you.
- Always add value to everyone you meet. Ask what can you do for that person. And make a point to do it without expectation of anything in return.
- Learn from mentors. Mentors will change over your lifetime. They come in different ages, shapes, sizes and colors. Learn from everyone – people older than you, younger than you and people who don’t look like you. Learn from everyone.
- Get coaches to help you in areas where you want improvement.
- Put a “post-it note” on your mirror that you can read daily. It should say, “You haven’t hit your peak yet! Keep climbing! Keep fighting for your best you!”
Listen to this incredible interview on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show on SiriusXM Channel 141. It airs 4 times, over the next week: Saturday, October 10th at 4pm ET, Monday, October 12th at 8am ET, Tuesday, October 13th at 6pm ET and Wednesday, October 14th at 11am ET. Listen and be inspired!
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.