Les Brown is considered one of the greatest motivational speakers in the world today!
He was born in an abandoned apartment in Miami, FL with his twin brother, Wesley. The twins were quickly given up and adopted by a single cafeteria worker, named Mamie Brown. Later, Les was labeled “educably mentally retarded” and kept back twice in grade school.
But thanks to a teacher who said to him, “someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality,” Les Brown went on a life long journey of self-development. And that journey has made him one of the most recognized and best known motivational speakers in the world!
Les Brown has been named one of the top five speakers in the world, been inducted into the Speakers Hall of fame, has a number of best selling books and been a fixture on PBS and national radio. He is one of the most influential personalities in the world today!
Here are a few key success tips he shared during our interview:
- Be the message that you speak about. We must re-condition our minds to live our dreams.
- Stop living below our potential. Grow our thinking and grow our faith; and we will grow our lives.
- Grow your impact, because impact creates income.
- There is no defense against an excellence that meets a public need.
- You must make a commitment to get better! You must expand or become expendable!
- Either settle for less, or decide you will not accept anything but your best life!
- What are you giving your life to? Are you giving it to something extraordinary or something ordinary?
- Don’t work for a living. Live your making. And in living your making you will make a great living.
You can catch Les Brown’s interview with Dr. Willie Jolley Saturday, August 8th at 4pm ET, with replays on Monday, August 10th at 8am ET and Wednesday, August 12th at 11am ET, on SiriusXM Channel 141 – HUR Voices. (Original air date: 5/10/14).
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.