If you want to grow your success, you must continuously expand your capacity to learn. Readers are leaders and learners are earners! I’ve found the more I know … the more I grow. And the more I learn, the more I earn.
One of the interesting aspects of continuing to grow and being a serious student is that you won’t care where the lessons come from – as long as you learn and grow in the process. Case in point, one of my “Sons-in-Speaking (mentees)”, Delatorro McNeal, II, shared an idea with me that was transformational for me.
I attended a seminar Delatorro was conducting in the Washington, DC area. He shared that many people are looking for the secret to success, the single silver bullet, and the single key that will unlock the padlock to success. Yet, he went on to share that there is no single key to unlock the padlock. Delatorro shared that in reality, success is not a single key, but a combination lock!
He shared that success is the result of numerous concepts that will be necessary to unlock the combination. Then, after you discover the numerous concepts that will unlock the combination lock, you need to know their correct sequence. If the concepts are not in the right order, you will not be able to unlock your success.
I share this with you so you can unlock your success. Continue to learn and grow and to seek knowledge from wise teachers. To become a serious seeker of knowledge, continuously learn and do not focus on who teaches the lesson – rather focus on the substance of the lesson.
The points below are from a previous interview I did with Delatorro on my SiriusXM radio show. You will see why he is in such demand to share his ideas and insights. In June, he will be one of the featured speakers at the Million Dollar Round Table, which is one of the most prestigious stages in the world. Read his learning lessons and make a point to listen to the actual interview.
- Peak Performers make a commitment to learn how to think like entrepreneurs and act like world-class leaders. Then, they do what is necessary to make that into a habit!
- Make room for the life you want and get rid of the distractions that do not fit into the vision of what you want.
- Get rid of “average” so you can make adequate room for the extraordinary.
- Don’t wait for the “feeling” before you take action. Execute first, and then feel second.
- Keep in mind that your physiology drives your psychology. Get up and get business before you feel like it!
- Do your toughest tasks first thing in the morning. It will inspire you to do the other things you need to do!
- Success is not unlocked with one single key, but a combination lock! Not just persistence or time management or setting goals, but all of the above!
- We are not just self-made, we are team made!
- Humans are like wheelbarrows; they only go as far as they are pushed…so hang with winners who will push you to continue to go further than you would by yourself!
- Don’t be hesitant to get started by taking baby steps. Small things done consistently can change your life. A consistent drip of water can bore a hole through a boulder!
Listen to the replay of this game-changing interview on Saturday, May 30th at 4pm ET, again on Monday, June 1st at 8am ET and one more time on Wednesday, June 3rd at 11am ET, on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Radio Show on SiriusXM Channel 141 (original air date: 9/13/14).