Glenna Salsbury is one of the pre-eminent speakers in America. She has won every major award in the professional speaking business, including the Speaker Hall of Fame for the National Speakers Association (NSA) and the Cavett Award. The “Cavett” is presented annually to a professional speaker whose accomplishments over the years have reflected outstanding credit, respect, honor and admiration on the National Speakers Association as well as the speaking profession.
Glenna is also a past President of the National Speakers Association.
Here are lessons Glenna Salsbury shared in this powerful interview:
- Faith in God is the foundation for success in business and in life.
- After faith, long term success in business (and in life) is built on connecting with others. Connections make the difference.
- Make it important to make other people glad that they saw you.
- Be purposeful. You can be purposeful even if you do not make a sale that day. You can make a difference and develop the relationship that can help you in the future.
- Be interested in others.
- Be enthusiastic about others and let them know you are interested in them and their lives.
- Be joy-full. Scripture says “A merry heart doeth good like medicine.”
- Be excited about life – even when life gets tough. Glenna was recently diagnosed with terminal Stage 4 cancer. Yet, she wakes up everyday; gives God glory and is living daily with excitement and enthusiasm. “Everyone is terminal,” Glenna says, which means one day we all will die. She is not scared. She’s as busy as ever because she trusts God and will live full as long as she has life to live!!!!
- Fill your life with good news, not the bad news from the news media. God’s word is good news; so make sure to read it daily!
- Take a conscious time out everyday and make a list of what you are grateful for. Learn to really have an attitude of gratitude.
- Daily ask yourself: What would your life look like if you woke up every day with only the things you gave thanks for yesterday?!!!
Listen to the replay of this inspiring interview on Saturday, July 4th at 4pm ET, again on Monday, July 6th at 8am ET and one more time on Wednesday, July 8th at 11am ET, on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Radio Show on SiriusXM Channel 141 – HUR Voices (original air date: 5/2/15).
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.