Coach Tony Dungy is one of America’s most respected figures, not only in sports circles but also in leadership arenas.
He is the first African American head coach to win a Super Bowl, when he coached for the Indianapolis Colts. He also turned around the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when he was their coach – taking them from perennial losers to the playoffs.
Coach Dungy works with many charitable organizations and mentors many people around the world, helping them live their best lives and maximize their God given abilities!
Here are some of the lessons Coach Dungy shared during our powerful interview:
- Make the Lord the foundation of your life! And from that foundation the successes of life will flow! And from those successes you can grow to long-term significance!
- Remember the critical E’s of Champions: Exceptional Expectations, Excellent, Execution and No Excuses! Have exceptional, high expectations. Execute with excellence and no excuses! Excuses are the tools of the incompetent. Those who excel in them rarely excel in anything else.
- Keep in mind that you are more than your profession. Your profession is what you do, but your significance is who you are, and what you can leave for future generations!
- Moments in life are snapshots, some happy some sad. But those moments make up the whole movie and God is the Director of the full movie!
- Don’t get stuck on a snapshot which maybe one moment. Keep the faith and keep living with a positive perspective, so you can experience the whole movie.
- To become a real champion you need to develop the character and skills of a champion. In other words, become a champion off the field as well as on the field.
- To be able to win in life you must learn to handle adversity. Become tough minded and develop a winners attitude.
- Do not panic! Get your game plan and work it. Leaving your game plan is a sign of panic. And panic is not in the game plan.
- When life gets crazy, you do not have to get crazy with it. Remain calm and think through your options. Then act accordingly!
You can catch Coach Dungy’s interview Saturday, April 25th at 4pm ET, with replays on Monday, April 27th at 8am ET and Wednesday, April 29th at 11am ET, on SiriusXM Channel 141 – HUR Voices. The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.