Dr. Nido Qubein came to the United States as a teenager with little knowledge of English and only $50 in his pocket. His journey has been an amazing success story. The Biography Channel and CNBC aired his life story entitled “A Life of Success and Significance.”
As an educator, Dr. Qubein is president of High Point University, an undergraduate and graduate institution with 4,300 students from 40 countries. He has authored two-dozen books and audio programs distributed worldwide.
As a business leader, he is chairman of the Great Harvest Bread Company with 220 stores in 43 states. Dr. Qubein serves on the boards of several national organizations including BB&T (a Fortune 500 company with $185 billion in assets), the La-Z-Boy Corporation (one of the largest and most recognized furniture brands worldwide) and Dots Stores (a chain of fashion boutiques with more than 400 locations across the country).
As a professional speaker, Dr. Qubein has received many distinctions including the Golden Gavel Medal, induction into the International Speaker Hall of Fame and as the founder of the National Speaker’s Association Foundation in Arizona.
Along with four U.S. presidents, Dr. Qubein has been the recipient of many honors including: The Ellis Island Medal of Honor, The Horatio Alger Award for Distinguished Americans, (along with Oprah Winfrey and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas), the DAR Americanism Medal, the Order of the Long Leaf Pine, Sales and Marketing International’s Ambassador of Free Enterprise, Leadership North Carolina Governor’s Award, and Citizen of the Year and Philanthropist of the Year in his home city of High Point, North Carolina.
In this incredible interview, Dr. Qubein shares:
- To be all you can be you must have faith and courage…faithful courage!
- Walk with the great and talk with the great and you will become great.
- Who you spend quality time with, is who you will become.
- A koi fish in a fishbowl will only grow 2 inches, but a koi fish in a lake will grow to a foot. The same is true for you. You grow proportionally to the environment you are in. Work to be around people and places which allow you to grow to your fullest!
- Out of adversity can emerge abundance. It is a matter of decision.
- Do not shy away from risks. To take risks away, is to take opportunity away.
- Always give without remembering and receive without forgetting.
- Spend the first 3rd of your life earning, the next 3rd learning, and the last 3rd giving and serving.
- Be careful what you allow into your mind, because garbage in, garbage stays.
- Don’t focus on the past. Focus on the future. The past is a wonderful place to visit, but a terrible place to live.
- Failure can be a great teacher if you are willing to analyze it. Analyze how and why you failed so you can try again next time in a smarter way.
- You should have God on your side, but more importantly make sure you are on God’s side!
Use the risk formula to wisely analyze your risk. Ask:
- What is the best that can happen if I take this risk?
- What is the most likely thing to happen if I take this risk?
- What is the worse that can happen if I take this risk?
- Am I willing to live with the worse to get to the best?
If the most likely will get you closer to your goal and you are willing to deal with the worse then take the risk, otherwise walk away!
Listen to the replay of this inspiring interview on Saturday, July 4th at 4pm ET, again on Monday, July 6th at 8am ET and one more time on Wednesday, July 8th at 11am ET, on The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Radio Show on SiriusXM Channel 141 (original air date: 4/14/14).
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show, is the #1 Motivational / Inspirational Show on SiriusXM.