Cy Wakeman is a dynamic speaker, business consultant, New York Times best selling author and trainer, who has spent over 20 years cultivating a revolutionary approach to leadership. Grounded in reality, Wakeman’s philosophy teaches people how to turn “excuses into results.” She visits more than 200 companies each year, empowering employees and executives alike, to take control of and invest in their work.
Cy was named one of the “Top 100 Leadership Experts to Follow” on twitter. She is a featured contributor on FastCompany.com and Forbes.com. Wakeman’s ideas have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The New York Post, and on SHRM.org.
Cy has written two books: Reality-Based Leadership: Ditch the Drama, Restore Sanity to the Workplace & Turn Excuses into Results and The Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace: Know What Boosts Your Value, Kills Your Chances, & Will Make You Happier.
In this dynamic interview Cy shared:
- Life is Messy…Live Happy!
- Learn to say, “Yes” to life and opportunities!
- Look for opportunities to add value. Consistently help others and let them know that their present situation is temporary and can get better
- Decide to serve more. There are endless opportunities to serve others, and they will pay for that service
- Money follows value! So keep getting better and giving better
- Reality based thinking says, learn to see what is, then decide to win in spite of what you presently have to deal with
- Suffering is optional. You can go through life with joy or misery, you have a choice!
- Decide to Ditch the Drama…if just slows down your successes!
- Be intentional about life. Have high expectations!
- Dream Big, Decide Big! Go Big! Decide to enjoy the ride!
You can listen to this powerful interview on Saturday January 17, at 4 pm ET. You can also hear it on Monday morning January 19th at 8 am ET or Wednesday morning January 21st at 11am on SiriusXM Channel 141 – HUR Voices.
You can also access Cy Wakeman’s material at http://www.realitybasedleadership.com
Visit www.williejolley.com/radio to listen to excerpts of other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!