Captain Charlie Plumb graduated from the Naval Academy at Annapolis and went on to fly the F-4 Phantom jet on 74 successful combat missions over Vietnam. On his 75th mission, with only five days before he was to return home, Plumb was shot down, captured, tortured, and imprisoned in an 8 foot x 8 foot cell.
During his nearly six years of captivity, Charlie Plumb distinguished himself among his fellow prisoners as a professional in underground communications, and served for two of those years as the Chaplain in his camp.
When he was finally released, he returned home to learn his wife had divorced him 3 months earlier and was engaged to marry another man!
Charlie could have chosen to get mad, get even or sue. Instead, he chose to get ahead! He went on to start a business, and speak professional and eventually marry a wonderful woman and have 2 beautiful children. Now, He travels the world, telling his story of winning through adversities. He has spoken to over 5000 audiences and been inducted into the prestigious Speakers Hall of Fame!
Here are wisdom tips Captain Plumb shared:
- Adversity is a horrible thing to waste! Is it through the adversity that we can grow our success muscle!It is in our setback that we can often find the puzzle piece to our future success!
- The toughest part of being a Prisoner of War was not the physical torture, but the doubt and fear. Many people walking around free are struggling with doubt and fear.
- You must be willing to look for, and find hope, even in hopeless situations.
- Whether you think you are a winner or think you are a loser…either way you are right!
- You need faith to help you through those moments when hope is hard to find.
- There are times we need not pray for God to move the mountain, but for the strength to climb the mountain.
- Pray that every challenge has value. If you can find the value, you can find a way to make the pain worth going through.
- Don’t just Go through the challenge, but Grow through it!
- Get rid of a “deserve” mindset. Develop an achievement mindset! That is, we get what we work for, what we fight for and what we make happen!
You can hear this powerful interview with Charlie Plumb this Saturday at 4 pm ET, again on Monday at 8 am ET and again on Wednesday at 11 am ET on Sirius XM Channel 141, HUR Voices. And you can learn more about Charlie Plumb on his website at www.charlieplumb.com.
And to get access to the great interviews we do for your own enrichment you can go to www.williejolley.com/radio.
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show is brought to you by LightspeedVT. Visit JolleyVT.com to learn the power and impact of LightspeedVT on your company.
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show is a weekly one hour power packed show that is featured on the world’s largest radio broadcaster, SiriusXM. The show can be heard on Channel 141, HUR Voices. More than 23 million subscribers can listen in on the show that features Dr. Willie Jolley interviewing and sharing ideas with some of the top leading thought leaders and successful coaches in the world. People can learn success tips on how they transformed their lives and live their dreams. A power hour of success tips on how to be healthy, wealthy and wise!