When I was a new speaker, I had the opportunity to speak at an event with the great Scott McKain. He inspired and encouraged me, and I even wrote about him and his friend, Arnold Schwarzenegger, in my book, It Only Takes A Minute To Change Your Life!
Scott McKain is a Speaker Hall of Fame inductee and someone many call “The King of Growing Your Business – Through Being Distinct!” He is the author of 3 best selling books. His book, Create Distinction, was named by the Miami Herald, the Sacramento Bee and over thirty other publications as one of the “Top Ten Business Books” of the year.
His latest book is, The 7 Tenets of Taxi Terry: How Every Employee Can Create and Deliver the Ultimate Customer Experience.
Scott’s insights have been quoted in the US Today, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. His blog was recently called a “must read” for thought leadership in Forbes magazine. GenJuice magazine stated that Scott is one of the top 25 influencers on Social Media. Plus, Social Media Marketing Magazine named him as one of the top 25 marketing experts to follow on Twitter.
Originally from Indiana, Scott was named a “Hoosier Hero” because of his commitment to youth and philanthropy. He was selected by Arnold Schwarzenegger to emcee and speak for the Great American Workout – held on the White House lawn with the President in the audience and carried live on CNN and NBC’s “Today” shows!
Here are 10 power points Scott shared in this incredible interview:
- Leadership is a life long process. The seeds of success are within you. But you must be willing to grow them to develop your leadership skills to guarantee your life long success.
- While there are no shortcuts to success, you can shorten your time to reaching that success by shortening your learning curve.
- To be outstanding, you must Stand Out!
- Promote your uniqueness! The more people know about it, the more they will want to do business with you! Focus on not just being different from the competition but more importantly, focus on being distinct from them.
- Distinction means that people are able to see a meaningful difference between you and your competition. Note: Southwest Airlines flies the same 737 planes as their competitors, but they are #1 because they have focused on being distinct.
- The more you are distinct, the more people you will attract. Distinction attracts people to you!
- Success is not just something you pursue, but also, something you attract.
- Passion does not ensure success, but there is rarely any success without passion. Be Passionate about what you do!
Listen to this insightful interview with Scott McKain, on the Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show; SiriusXM Radio Channel 141, HUR Voices. It airs this Saturday, October 18th at 4PM ET and re-airs next Monday, October 22nd at 8AM ET and Wednesday, October 22nd at 11AM ET.
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show is a weekly one hour power packed show that is featured on the world’s largest radio broadcaster, SiriusXM. The show can be heard on Channel 141, HUR Voices. More than 23 million subscribers can listen in on the show that features Dr. Willie Jolley interviewing and sharing ideas with some of the top leading thought leaders and successful coaches in the world. People can learn success tips on how they transformed their lives and live their dreams. A power hour of success tips on how to be healthy, wealthy and wise!
Visit www.williejolley.com/radio to listen to excerpts of other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!