Warren Shadd is a second-generation piano technician and a third generation musician, who is now the first African American piano manufacturer!
He has created, what many are calling the greatest piano ever made! It is a piano made by a master musician for those who love “masterful piano music.” It is being called the “Stradivarius of pianos.”
Warren’s father, one of the top piano technicians/tuners in America, taught his son everything he knew about tuning and preparing a piano for beautiful music. Initially, Warren was more interested in the performance side of music, but one day while visiting an old musician, Warren was asked to make the piano sound better. After Warren worked on the piano for a few minutes, the man said, “You make this piano sound better than it has ever sounded! You need to have your name on that piano rather than Steinway’s name!” That day, Warren Shadd decided to create his own high end piano, with his name on the piano!
Over the last ten years, Warren Shadd has struggled to bootstrap his piano company battling setback after setback and disappointment after disappointment. Yet, he refused to give up on his dream to create the best sounding piano ever made! He has thrown three prototypes in the trash because he didn’t like the quality, even though many musicians said it was fantastic! Warren continued to say, “Not good enough! It is not right yet! It has to be better!”
Today, Warren is the CEO of Shadd Pianos, with his pianos being played in The Vatican and used on American Idol! Richwood Smallwood, the great Gospel maestro and pianist, recently used a Shadd Piano for his new live album recording and even talked about this magnificent instrument during the concert!
Here are the lessons Warren learned while refusing to give up on his dreams!
- Be willing to go through the ring of fire to get to the prize – your dreams!
- Fear will come to visit, but you need not let fear stay. Kick fear out!
- Some people will stop when they hear the word “No,” but winners continue to get to the “Yes!”
- Excellence costs. The question is, “Are you willing to pay the price!”
- Focus on your dreams, not on the haters!
- Learn to differentiate between constructive criticism and destructive criticism – the haters.
- Think Big. Think Innovation!
- Just because it has not been done, does not mean it cannot be done! So Go Do It!
- After each disappointment, step back and gather yourself. Then get up and back in the fight. Pick yourself up off the canvas and keep fighting!
- Acclaim and affirm daily – “Failure is not an option!”
Listen to this powerful interview with Warren Shadd, on the Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show; SiriusXM Radio Channel 141, HUR Voices. It airs this Saturday, September 27th at 4PM ET and re-airs next Monday, September 29th at 8AM ET and Wednesday, October 1st at 11AM ET.
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show is a weekly one hour power packed show that is featured on the world’s largest radio broadcaster, SiriusXM. The show can be heard on Channel 141, HUR Voices. More than 23 million subscribers can listen in on the show that features Dr. Willie Jolley interviewing and sharing ideas with some of the top leading thought leaders and successful coaches in the world. People can learn success tips on how they transformed their lives and live their dreams. A power hour of success tips on how to be healthy, wealthy and wise!
Visit www.williejolley.com/radio to listen to excerpts of other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!