For the last two years, I have had my friend Les Brown (someone whom I consider to be the greatest motivational speaker on the planet), as the opening guest for the season premiere of my SiriusXM radio show. But this year, Les was in South Africa and Asia! We talked by phone, brainstormed on who else we felt would be a powerful replacement, and simultaneously we both said “Delatorro!”
Delatorro McNeal II is one of the most powerful, impactful young speakers on the planet. I met him while speaking in Tampa many years ago. He came up to me and said, “I want to be a professional speaker.” I gave him some tips and instructions and he did what I recommended. He then came to my boot camp and Les’ bootcamp. Then he went to work on his dream!
Within 2 years, he had been named “The College Speaker Of The Year.” This was quickly followed by achieving the status of Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) – one of the youngest people to ever achieve that designation, in our speaker industry.
Del has written a number of popular books. He’s now traveling America, burning up the college and corporate markets with his powerful message!
Here are a few of the “LeaderPreneur”© Tips Del shared:
- Peak Performers make a commitment to learn how to think like entrepreneurs and act like world-class leaders. Then, they do what is necessary to make that into a habit!
- Make room for the life you want and get rid of the distractions that do not fit into the vision of what you want.
- Get rid of “average” so you can make adequate room for the extraordinary.
- Don’t wait for the “feeling” before you take action. Execute first, and then feel second.
- Keep in mind that your physiology drives your psychology. Get up and get business before you feel like it!
- Do your toughest tasks first thing in the morning. It will inspire you to do the other things you need to do!
- Success is not unlocked with one single key, but a combination lock! Not just persistence or time management or setting goals, but all of the above!
- We are not just self-made, we are team made!
- Humans are like wheelbarrows; they only go as far as they are pushed…so hang with winners who will push you to continue to go further than you would by yourself!
- Don’t be hesitant to get started by taking baby steps. Small things done consistently can change your life. A consistent drip of water can bore a hole through a boulder!
Listen to this powerful interview with Delatorro McNeal II, on the Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show; SiriusXM Radio Channel 141, HUR Voices. It airs this Saturday, September 13th at 4PM ET and re-airs next Monday, September 15th at 8AM ET and Wednesday, September 17th at 11AM ET.
The Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show is a weekly one hour power packed show that is featured on the world’s largest radio broadcaster, SiriusXM. The show can be heard on Channel 141, HUR Voices. More than 23 million subscribers can listen in on the show that features Dr. Willie Jolley interviewing and sharing ideas with some of the top leading thought leaders and successful coaches in the world. People can learn success tips on how they transformed their lives and live their dreams. A power hour of success tips on how to be healthy, wealthy and wise!
Visit www.williejolley.com/radio to listen to excerpts of other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!