Jim Stovall, an Olympic Weightlifting Champion and college football star, had focused on athletics and not on school. He was destined for a professional football career. During a routine medical examination, he learned he was losing his sight and would be blind in a short time. He had no marketable skills and was flat broke. In fact, he had “negative worth,” which meant he was broke and in debt!
Jim started on a path of self-development and personal growth. He worked hard to find coaches and mentors who could direct him towards his goal of becoming wealthy. He found people who made him work on his mind and gave him a detailed course of study that would help him grow himself. He implemented that information and went on to become a multi-millionaire businessman, author, speaker and philanthropist!
Jim is the author of the best selling book, The Ultimate Gift, which was also made into a popular movie by 20th Century Fox. In addition to writing and speaking, Jim runs an Emmy Award winning television network that caters to blind viewers. In 2000, Jim was selected as the International Humanitarian of the Year, joining Jimmy Carter and Mother Teresa.
Here are 10 success tips Jim shares:
- Life is really not about what happens to you, but what you do about it!
- Money must be seen as a tool to allow you to do what you love to do. Money magnifies everything. “If you love doing good, then money allows you to do more good. But if you love doing stupid stuff, it will allow you to do more of that as well.”
- Money gives you options and allows you to live on your own terms.
- Never buy a map from someone who has never been where you want to go. Be willing to ask for help from those who have been where you want to go.
- The quickest way to get to wealthy is to make up your mind to do whatever it takes (that is moral and legal) to achieve it! Then go to work on that goal.
- Starting is half the battle of success! And a good plan poorly executed is better than a perfect plan that is never executed.
- Change your mind and you can change your life. You have the right to choose your path. You are one quality decision away from anything you want.
- Don’t let small challenges become big obstacles. To have no sight is not a big deal, but to have no vision is tragic! Sight is to only see where you are, but vision is to see where you want to go and what you want to be.
- Make the decision to invest in yourself by reading great books. Poor people have big TVs and small libraries. Millionaires have big TVs as well, but bigger libraries!
- You cannot expand your bank account until you expand your mind!
Listen to the replay of my game-changing interview with Jim Stovall, on the Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show; SiriusXM Radio Channel 141, HUR Voices. It airs this Saturday, August 23rd at 4PM ET and re-airs next Monday, August 25th at 8AM ET and Wednesday, August 27th at 11AM ET.
Visit www.williejolley.com/radio to listen to excerpts of other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!