“Where did you get that suit?” That’s the question I was frequently asked after a recent opportunity to speak at The First Baptist Church of Glenarden. I replied, “From the men’s clothing designer and entrepreneur, Everett Hall!”
Everett Hall is one of America’s top designers and clothiers. He is a tremendous businessman as well as an award winning designer. Not only does he have his own store, but his designs are carried in Neiman Marcus and other top shelf men’s stores. He has built a multi-million dollar empire.
Everett has dressed some of the most prestigious men in the world, including former South African President, Nelson Mandela, television and movie producer, Tyler Perry, actor Blair Underwood, boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard, CBS Sports anchor,, James Brown and TV host Maury Povich!
Gentleman Quarterly (GQ) Magazine have named his clothing, “One of the most popular brands for celebrities.” Everett Hall is a graduate of Howard University and frequently shares his success secrets with students and young entrepreneurs.
Here are tips from the interview:
- Just as a designer designs clothing, with a picture in mind of what he wants to accomplish, we must also be designers of our lives with a picture in mind.
- Work on your vision, then set goals to make that vision into a reality.
- Set long term goals as well as short term goals.
- Create rewards that incentivize you to hit the goals.
- Each night before bed make a list of what you want to achieve the next day.
- Work as hard on yourself (personal development) as you do on your business.
- Learn from people who have done what you want to do.
- Make a commitment to stay around positive people and stay away from negative people. That will impact your business exponentially.
- Be resilient, resourceful and efficient in building your business. Keep in mind that bootstrapping (using your success today to grow your success tomorrow) still works.
- Be willing to pay the price for success. Work hard and keep fighting for your dream. Remember, talent is God given but ability takes work.
Listen to the replay of my insightful interview with Everett Hall, on the Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show; SiriusXM Radio Channel 141, HUR Voices. It airs this Saturday, July 19th at 4PM ET and re-airs next Monday, July 21st at 8AM ET and Wednesday, July 23rd at 11AM ET.
Visit www.williejolley.com/radio to listen to excerpts of other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!