Michael Genet is an NAACP Image Award winning actor and screenwriter. He has appeared on numerous TV shows, the Broadway stage and in movies. And you have seen his work on the big screen and on stage for years.
In his new book, They Must Not Know Who I Think I Am (Lessons in Defiant Resilience), Michael Genet shares survival and thriving lessons he learned from the most rejection-filled industry in the world…entertainment!
Here are a few tips from his powerful interview:
- When people reject you and try to make you give up, you must be willing to say to yourself and your spirit, “They must not know who I think I am! I was born for great things and I refuse to give up on my dreams!”
- If you don’t live your dreams, you will end up living someone else’s.
- Bill Russell said, “The game has been scheduled, it has to be played, and since someone has to win, it might as well be us!”
- You will have doubters and you will have critics, but you must believe in yourself. And if you believe strongly enough, you can overcome the doubters and the critics.
- Your belief in yourself has to be greater than the entirety of the disbelief of all those around you.
- A “NO” ain’t nothing unless you allow it to be! A “NO” is nothing but a “YES” waiting to happen.
- Be defiant and unreasonable. Don’t take “NO” as the final answer!
- Discipline is the difference between potential and achievement!
- There is a cost for a piece of bread, a cup of coffee and everything else. And there is a cost for your dreams. Are you willing to pay the cost and keep fighting for your dreams or settle and give up?
Go get the book, They Must Not Know Who I Think I Am (Lessons in Defiant Resilience), by Michael Genet. Get it as soon as you can, wherever you can. It is a terrific read!
Listen to the replay of my amazing interview with Michael Genet, on the Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show; SiriusXM Radio Channel 141, HUR Voices. It airs this Saturday, May 31st at 4PM ET and re-airs next Monday, June 2nd at 8AM ET and Wednesday, June 4th at 11AM ET.
Visit www.williejolley.com/radio to listen to excerpts of other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!