Dave Steward is the Chairman and Founder of America’s #1 African-American owned business, World Wide Technology. He has held that top position on Black Enterprise’s “BE 100s: The Nation’s Largest Black Businesses” for many years.
In addition, Fortune Magazine ranked his company as “One of the Top 100 Places To Work in America” for the 3rd straight year! Last year, his company had revenues in excess of $6.5 billion dollars.
Yet, that is not what Dave Steward talked about when he was recently inducted into the Horatio Alger Association. He spoke of how his faith in God was the secret to his success in business and life. His book, Doing Business by The Good Book, shares his philosophy on life and business. Mr. Stewart believes he was put on this earth to serve others! He sees his company as his pulpit to spread the impact and power of the Word of the Lord!
In Dave Steward’s interview, he shared the following:
- God expects your very best, and when you do your very best, you will get blessed!
- Seek to serve and give your very best to others, and good things will come your way!
- Count it all joy, even the challenges. It is through the challenges that we grow!
- It is not easy to build a successful business and a successful life. But as steel must go through the fire to become strong, so too must people go through fire to become their best.
- You must speak those things that be not as though they are (he spoke about a big company when he was struggling and had no money)!
- Everyone has a measure of faith, but many people will not develop and use their faith.
- Don’t focus on the present circumstances, but look at the possibilities through the eyes of faith.
- Our decisions have consequences, so we must learn to make wise decisions.
- Our brand is the trust level we bring to the marketplace, so we must represent excellence!
- Put a stake in the ground as to who you will be and what you will stand for; then take a stand on your values and stay true to it!
Listen to my incredible interview with Dave Steward on the Willie Jolley Wealthy Ways Show; SiriusXM Radio Channel 141, HUR Voices. It airs this Saturday, May 3rd at 4PM ET and re-airs next Monday, May 5th at 8AM ET and Wednesday, May 7th at 11AM ET.
Visit www.walkwithwealth.tv/resources to listen to excerpts and sign up to receive digital downloads of this and other great interviews today!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!