Chris Gardner is truly a renaissance man! ‘Entrepreneur,’ ‘Best Selling Author,’ ‘Philanthropist,’ ‘Acclaimed Speaker’ and ‘A Proud Single Parent,’ are all titles he claims.
Chris Gardner is the author of the autobiography, The Pursuit of Happyness, which went on to become a blockbuster movie and #1 NY Times Best Selling Book. The movie starred Will Smith, as Chris Gardner, and received a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award and an Academy Award.
Due to some adverse circumstances, Chris Gardner, a hardworking husband and father, ended up homeless and the sole guardian of his toddler son. Unwilling to give up on his son or his dreams, Gardner climbed the financial industry ladder from the very bottom. He went from working for Dean Witter Reynolds and Bear Stearns before founding his own brokerage firm and going on to become a multimillionaire.
Chris Gardner shares:
- There is a price to pay for success, and it has nothing to do with money. It’s all about work!
- Make a commitment to become world-class at whatever you do. Not good, not pretty good, but world-class!
- Your future is determined by the decisions you make today. So make wise choices!
- Wherever you end up, you must take responsibility that you drove there. BUT, if you don’t like where you are, you can drive out!
- The cavalry “ain’t coming,” so you must become your own cavalry!
- You cannot change something until you own it. So own it, and go about the work to fix it!
- Commit to your Plan A and make it happen. Don’t even deal with Plan B, because if it were really good, it would be Plan A!
- To be successful, you must be clear-minded, concise in your plan, compelled and committed to make it happen!
- Surround yourself with people who are positive and committed to excellence!
- Keep learning, keep growing! Learn from life, great books, great people and experiences. Let the world be your classroom!
For more great success lessons like these, join my Walk With Wealth Program!